Raise HECK from Remote: COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources Roundup
At Raise HECK, we are a company of two people who live in different states. For the past 6 months (and even before that), we’ve been working from home and making the most of video conference tools, collaborative workspaces, and of course, the phone.
Both of us (Charlotte and Sally) have children who are out of school for the foreseeable future. We are practicing social distancing and trying to keep ourselves and our kids healthy, entertained and enriched while making sure we don’t carry the coronavirus to anyone in a higher risk group.
We are grateful that we work amid a network of people and companies in the nonprofit technology space who have created resources for organizations who are carrying on in this new normal. We’re sharing the ones we’ve seen so far. Please let us know of other great resources you’ve seen - especially if you’ve written one - and we’ll add them to the list.
A special note - the Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC), the annual conference organized by NTEN that was set to take place next week in Baltimore (and at which Raise HECK was going to present), has been cancelled. We believe this was the correct and prudent decision from NTEN. As more than 63% of NTEN’s annual budget comes from NTC, we encourage everyone who can to make a donation to NTEN to help them offset their lost revenue. We intend to see you next year in Pittsburgh for NTC 2021.
For ourselves, we are trying to create structure, keep to a schedule, and focus on productive communication. We are also trying to bring compassion and flexibility to all our interactions with our clients and partners. It’s a stressful time, and we are here to support each other.
Be well and stay safe and healthy.
Charlotte and Sally
Resources for Remote Work
- NTEN - Open Office Hours about Remote Working
- Media Cause - Hot Takes on Working From Home
- Slate - You Don’t Have to Work All the Time Now
- HubSpot - 40 Remote Work Stats to Know in 2020
How to Communicate to Your Supporters and Donors about COVID-19
- Greater Good Strategy - Coronavirus Communication Recs
- Greater Good Strategy - We Are All In This Together
- EveryAction - Nonprofit + Campaign Strategies for COVID-19
- Media Cause - Retaining Donors Who Give In Times Of Crisis
- Firefly Partners - Support for Nonprofits Duringt the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Jo Miles Digital - Organizing in the Time of Coronavirus
- M+R Strategic Services - HERE FOR THIS
- M+R Strategic Services - Coronavirus Demands a Quantum Leap in Organizing
- MINDset direct - Getting Prepared and Managing through COVID-19
Helping Those In Need